Previously we read how to be a webmaster at drupal.org , Now I became the git administer at drupal.org. So I think to write a blog post so that others can benefit and also get to know how to become git administer.
In simple words: "Start Contributing". Git Administer privileges are granted to the users with proven record of contributions in the Project Applications issue queue. A solid history of consistent contributions on drupal.org is a must to get consideration for an elevated role.
How to start contributing & where you can contribute :
- Join the code review group
- Read How to review full project applications
- Some helpful tools for reviewing :
- Learning Sources :
- if you found any problem while contributing,just comment on the below post/ if you need immediate answer you can try and find one of the git administer on IRC - #drupal-codereview IRC channel on Freenode.
Benifits of becoming git administer :
- You will see a new challenging case in every new project application.
- Your drupal apis knowledge will become sharp.
- Many more....
I would encourage you to learn more about that process and join the group of reviewers.